STEPHENSON COUNTY (WIFR) -- The Workforce Connection will host an Employer Forum this week to help familiarize businesses in Stephenson County with the many services available to them.
The event, subtitled “Be Successful in Attracting, Retaining and Managing Your Workforce”, will be held Thursday, October 10th from 8-11am at Highland Community College, Room H-201.
The forum will include both informal displays and presentations on various topics, including:
• An overview of the resources available to help employers find workers for available positions;
• An analysis of on-the-job and other training opportunities, as well as tax credits and bonding;
• A review of WorkKeys and the National Career Readiness Certificate.
• The use of labor market information in projecting business needs; and
• A review of the Affordable Care Act and its impact on employers.
There is no cost to attend the event. Business owners, managers, financial staff and human resources professions are encouraged to attend. Registration information is available on-line at www.theworkforceconnection.org .
The Workforce Connection is a partnership of state and federally funded employment and training programs, economic development agencies and educational entities committed to providing a workforce that meets the needs of our business community, now and in the future. Many of the agencies receive funding through the Workforce Investment Act and the Northern Illinois Workforce Alliance, the workforce investment board serving Boone, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties.