Electrical Short May Have Sparked Attic Fire

By: WIFR Newsroom
By: WIFR Newsroom

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- A family is safe after a house fire this morning on Searles Avenue on Rockford's west side.

Firefighters were able to confine this one mainly to the attic. The renter tells 23 News that he heard a crash in the bathroom, went in and found the ceiling fan on the ground and flames in the attic. Investigators believe some sort of an electrical short sparked the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238522061