ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Eight Rockford stores have been cited for selling alcohol to minors.
On May 7, 2014, Rockford Police and combined efforts with the Winnebago County Health Department to conduct alcohol compliance checks at stores in the City of Rockford.
During the compliance checks, money from and minors employed by the Winnebago County Health Department were utilized to make controlled purchases of alcoholic products from area businesses.
82 stores were checked in the City of Rockford. The following stores sold alcoholic beverages to minors and the clerks at the following businesses were issued citations for “Sale of Alcoholic Products to Minors”:
- Mobil, 1320 North Main Street
- Citgo Gas, 4315 Auburn Street
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, 3902 West Riverside Blvd.
- Mobil, 7250 East State Street
- Royal Liquor Mart, 3714 East State Street
- Super Pantry, 3819 Broadway
- Tower Gas Mart, 542 North Lyford Road
- Valli Produce of Rockford, 5880 East State Street