JANESVILLE (WIFR) - After a house fire in Janesville early Tuesday morning, damage is estimated at $250,000.
After 12:30 a.m., fire crews say eight units responded to a house fire in the 900 block of North Osborne Avenue. When they arrived, the garage was in flames and was spreading to the wood-frame ranch house and attic. Crews were on the scene for about four hours.
The homeowners woke up to a popping noise and found fire outside in a wood pile next to the service door of their garage. One of the residents, Karla Krueger, was taken to Mercy Hospital with injuries. She is expected to be alright.
The structure damage is estimated at $100,000 and the loss of contents inside is estimated at $150,000.