ROCKFORD (WIFR) – Eight people are homeless after a fire tore through their kitchen. It happened a little before 1:00 on Forest Avenue in Rockford.
Firefighters say it started after a cooking mishap but they were able to keep it contained to just one room.
Unfortunately, there’s still about $25,000 worth of smoke damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.