Candle Sparks Apartment Fire in Beloit

Fire

(Credit: MGN Online)

BELOIT (WIFR) -- A burning candle left on the bed by a child sparks an apartment fire in Beloit.

Just before 10:30 a.m. Thursday firefighters were called to an apartment complex in the 500 block of Highland Avenue in Beloit.

When fire crews got to the scene heavy smoke was coming out of the Southeast corner of the building.

Investigators say the fire was contained to the bedroom with heavy smoke damage throughout the apartment. Damage estimates come in at around $20,000. The other apartment attached to the building was undamaged.

One person inside the burning apartment complained of chest pain and was examined at the scene but refused to go to the hospital.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 252842361 - wifr.com/a?a=252842361
Gray Television, Inc.