ROCKFORD (WIFR) – Rockford Fire Department say it was hot coals thrown in a trash can that ignited a fire near a home on the 1900 block of Jonathan.
The incident happened around 2 p.m. Monday afternoon. When crews arrived on scene they could see smoke coming from the back of the home. The fire originated in the trash can but spread to the side of the house.
There were no injuries reported. The estimated cost of damage to the home is $5,000.00.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.