Burning Embers Ignite Garbage, Fire Spreads to House

ROCKFORD (WIFR) – Rockford Fire Department say it was hot coals thrown in a trash can that ignited a fire near a home on the 1900 block of Jonathan.

The incident happened around 2 p.m. Monday afternoon. When crews arrived on scene they could see smoke coming from the back of the home. The fire originated in the trash can but spread to the side of the house.

There were no injuries reported. The estimated cost of damage to the home is $5,000.00.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 187864871 - wifr.com/a?a=187864871