BELVIDERE (WIFR) -- Last night the Board of Education accepted the resignation of recently seated member Ron Ramos. Ramos has taken a paid position in the district as an assistant football coach, thus making him ineligible to serve on the Board of Education.
The district is now seeking a resident of Bonus Township to fill the vacant seat until April, 2015. Legal qualifications include:
1. Citizen of the United States for at least one (1) year;
2. 18 years of age or older;
3. Resident of the State of Illinois and District #100 for at least one (1) year;
4. Registered voter;
5. Not holding the position of school trustee or school treasurer; and
6. Resident of Bonus Township.
Such persons may be ineligible for Board of Education membership by reasons of other public office held or certain types of state or federal employment.
Interested persons should submit the following:
1. Letter of interest indicating why they would like to be considered for the vacancy on the Board of Education; and
2. Resume outlining the qualities they would bring to the Board of Education.
Please submit letter and resume to Mr. Michael Rathbun, President, Board of Education, Belvidere Community Unit School District#100, 1201 Fifth Avenue, Belvidere, Illinois 61008.
The deadline for receiving letters is October 11, 2013.