Reassessing Property After Floods

Local flood victims can now apply to get their property re-assesed.

The 2007 publication and assessment notice is being mailed out to those in Winnebago County affected by the floods this week but this assessment was based upon conditions back in January now some flood victims could be entitled to reduced assessment.

To get another assessment the property owner needs to file a Disaster Area Application for Reassessment.

Contact the Rockford Township Assessor's Office at (815) 965-0300

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus