Salmonella Lawsuit

CHICAGO (AP) -- Two people who say they fell ill after eating hummus at the Taste of Chicago food festival are suing the restaurant that served the food.

Forty-nine-year-old Monique Roach and 43-year-old Willie Smith filed a lawsuit yesterday against Pars Cove Persian Cuisine.

Roach says she and Smith visited the festival on June 29Th and got sick the next day. She says she went to the hospital after getting worse and was diagnosed with salmonella poisoning.

Pars Cove co-owner Mike Bambouyani says he sympathizes with those who got sick but it seems too soon for a suit to be filed.

The Chicago Department of Health says more than 500 people have reported becoming ill after eating food from the Pars Cove booth. Health officials have confirmed that at least 50 of those cases were caused by salmonella poisoning and at least 17 people were hospitalized.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8550287 - wifr.com/a?a=8550287