Sports Cream Death

A medical alert tonight for athletes, the death of a 17 year old is creating concern over the use of some sports creams.

A medical examiner now says the track star's death is connected to excess use of sports creams. Over the counter ointments like Ben Gay are used everyday by millions of Americans especially athletes to relieve sore muscles.

Doctors think she overdosed on the products which resulted in absorbing high levels of fatal toxins and acid. Medical experts say the combination of taking oral aspirin and heavily applying sports cremes could cause toxic poisoning and Johnson and Johnson, the maker of Ben Gay is urging consumers to always read the label.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 7946432 - wifr.com/a?a=7946432
Gray Television, Inc.