It was a busy night for the Rockford Fire Department: two house fires with little time in-between.
In ten minutes a fire coming from a 2nd floor bedroom at 1430 N. Court Street was out. No one was injured. There were no working smoke detectors. The cause of this fire is said to be careless smoking. Estimated damage is 30-thousand dollars.
The second fire was in the 12-hundred block of Fairview Avenue. The house is vacant. The fire started in the basement. Fire officials found a rear door open. Coincidentally, a fire broke out two weeks ago at this house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.