Last week we told you about a neighborhood eyesore in Ogle County. Now, the homeowner has decided to clean it up.
Michael Carter's home burned down nearly three years ago. Neighbors complained it was not only an eyesore, but a health hazard as well.
They said rats and mice had infested the home. Carter met with inspectors from the Ogle County Health, Zoning and Solid Waste Departments this past Friday. They found no evidence of rodents inside the home.
Carter says he's made plans to clean up the exterior as well as board up the windows better. He's also seeking bids from contractors to rebuild.