A candle in an apartment without electricity is believed to have caused one of Chicago's deadliest fires in years. The fire killed six children ages three to 14, and injured a woman and three other children.
The woman and a three-month-old girl were released from a hospital Sunday morning after being treated for smoke inhalation. Two other children were at other hospitals and their conditions were not immediately released.
Fire officials say the third-floor apartment on the city's North Side had no smoke detectors. A Commonwealth Edison spokesman says the apartment hadn't had electricity since May.
One child was rescued by a passerby.
Al Tillman says he was visiting a friend when he heard a child yelling for help from the apartment. The 32-year-old ran up to the third floor and was able to rescue one of the children.