Rockford, IL –– The Rockford Area Economic Development Council has re-designed its website to be state-of-the-art, with news and information on the site syndicated automatically using RSS news feeds. This allows web users to get news about the RAEDC and local economic development projects on one website rather than visit numerous websites.
To view the new site Click here: http://www.rockfordil.com
Other Features of RAEDC’s Re-Designed Website:
• A special section for site selectors so they can search for Rockford-area sites and buildings using the LocationOne Information System (LOIS), an on-line database used by more than 6,500 communities throughout a 12-state area.
• Searchable membership database so RAEDC members and others can easily get contact information.
• All data follows the standard data table format of the International Economic Development Council.
• Testimonials from area company leaders that tell compelling stories of why the Rockford area is a great place to do business. Will be read by prospective and current employers, community leaders and planners, selected officials, and the general public.
• Two new marketing tools about the Rockford area are now available on the re-designed website: a comprehensive capabilities brochure about the Rockford area in PDF format and a nine-minute DVD prepared for the recent trade mission to Sweden.
The re-designed website is funded by a grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and was created by GrahamSpencer, a Rockford company. SBA's funding should not be construed as an endorsement of any products, opinions, or services. All SBA-funded projects are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.
The primary role of the Rockford Area Economic Development Council is to market the Rockford, Illinois area and help employers retain and create quality jobs. The RAEDC learns what employers need to grow, introduces them to potential resources, and facilitates multi-agency coordination.