An infant is dead after being left in a vehicle in scorching heat.
Beloit police were called to the 1500 block of shore drive around four o'clock on a report of an infant not breathing. Officer found a one-year-old child without a pulse. Officers began CPR until fire department paramedics arrived.
The child was taken to Beloit memorial hospital and was pronounced dead. Apparently, the child was left unattended for a period of time before discovery by one of the parents.
The name of the victim has not been released.