ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Thick black smoke billowed out of a Rockford factory Saturday morning after workers accidentally started a fire.
The Rockford Fire Department says employees at Rodgers Brothers Galvanizing in the 2000 block of Kishwaukke Street were welding when the fire started.
There were only about 15 workers inside at the time, they all got out okay.
Fire crews say there were several chemicals in the building so the hazmat team was brought in, however they say it caused no threat to our health or the environment.
The fire caused more than $250,000 in damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.