ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- The growing I-39 logistics corridor is getting an additional global promotion bump. The I-39 Logistics Corridor Association announced the creation of a new LinkedIn group designed to promote the logistics assets found along Interstate 39 and create networking opportunities between the Chicago real estate professionals and the communities and logistics sensitive businesses located along I-39.
The I-39 Logistics Corridor promotes the industries and property found along I-39 from LaSalle county (intersection of I-80 and I-39) to Rock County (intersection of I-43 and I-39). As well as other major interchanges found along I-39 which include the intersections of I-88 (Ogle and DeKalb Counties) and I-90 (Boone and Winnebago Counties).
The I-39 LinkedIn group has already started to be used by Chicago's real estate community. "Adding this new LinkedIn group gives real estate professionals from outside the I-39 corridor a venue to ask questions about how best to position property. As well, it gives the communities and businesses along I-39 another way to keep their efforts in front of their targeted audiences of location advisers and logistics service providers" said Eric Voyles, Executive Director of the I-39 Logistics Corridor Association and Rockford Area Economic Development Council's Vice President of National Business Development.
"The networking capabilities will ultimately make us more competitive in the global marketplace, as we work to build our brand as a global logistics corridor."
JOIN I-39 LOGISTICS CORRIDOR LINKEDIN GROUP
Businesses within an interest in the economic development of I-39 corridor are invited to join the I-39 LinkedIn group. By visiting the LinkedIn website (www.LinkedIn.com) and the I-39 LOGISTICS CORRIDOR ASSOCIATION LinkedIn group, businesses can network; learn about tools and processes that make it easier to move property, and discuss industry and I-39 Corridor news and market opportunities along the I-39 corridor.
The I-39 Logistics Corridor helps connect logistics providers, manufactures, real estate professionals and the communities located along I-39. Improved communication through alignment and net-working creates greater opportunity for economic development success.
* INTERSTATE HIGHWAY - Of the seven major interstate highways accessible within the corridor, six intersect truck-friendly I-39 including I-43, I-55, I-80, I-74, I-88, I-90, and I-94. I -39 is the low congestion connector in the larger Chicago market.
* RAIL - All major transcontinental rail systems converge in the Chicago area. I-39 provides connectivity to BNSF, CN, CP, CSX, NS, UP, and KSC.
* AIR - In addition to close proximity to O'Hare and General Mitchell International Airports, there are eight general purpose airports within the I-39 corridor including the Chicago Rockford International Airport, the 27th largest US air cargo airport, and one of the country's fastest-growing commercial airports.
* BARGE/SEA PORT - Barge terminals along the Illinois River and rail providers connect directly to the Mississippi River, Great Lakes, St. Lawrence Seaway, Gulf of Mexico, as well as, the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- Communities within the corridor welcome new businesses and offer fast-track building-permit processing. Also available are TIF districts, Enterprise Zones, Foreign Trade Zones, training programs, low tax rates, advance telecommunications infrastructure, and significant capacities of water, electricity and natural gas.
VALUE-ADDED WORKFORCE- Our greatest asset is the dependable, ready, willing workforce, that is available at competitive wages.
AVAILABLE & AFFORDABLE PROPERTY- The corridor has an abundance of developed land, available for expanding businesses. We also offer high-quality existing office and industrial facilities for purchase or lease.
SPECIALIZED EDUCATION & TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES- The universities, private colleges, community colleges and technical schools within the corridor offer degree programs, custom-designed technical training and specialized business services.
LOGISTICS SUPPORT SERVICES- All major LTL carriers have terminals in the corridor.