Cooking Mishap Sparks Fire

By: WIFR Newsroom
By: WIFR Newsroom

ROCKFORD (WIFR) – Eight people are homeless after a fire tore through their kitchen. It happened a little before 1:00 on Forest Avenue in Rockford.

Firefighters say it started after a cooking mishap but they were able to keep it contained to just one room.

Unfortunately, there’s still about $25,000 worth of smoke damage.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 223687241 -
Gray Television, Inc.