It is a tragedy when any one dies of alcohol poisoning. When that person is a child, it is absolutely heartbreaking. Thursday night Todd Trosper was found not guilty of endangering the life of his 13-year-old cousin.
Trosper and others were drinking rum and beer with Blake Barrone when Barrone passed out and never woke up in November of 2004.
The three other people involved in this case all pleaded guilty, so Trosper's is the only case that went to trial. The jury discussed the case for about five and a half hours, and ultimately decided Trosper did not endanger the life or health of his cousin. This is after the charge of giving or selling alcohol to a minor causing his death had already been dismissed from Trosper’s trial.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.