At around 3 a.m. the Rockford fire department was at a fire at Fairview Plaza Care Center. Smoke was coming from the laundry room. Residents in that wing were relocated and allowed to return once the fire was out. The cause of this fire is a dryer overheating. Fire crews say due to the activation of the sprinkler system there were no injuries but $5,000 worth of damage was done.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.