Fire Fund

By: 23 News
By: 23 News

The Loves park fire department got quite a frightening call Thursday afternoon.

Fire broke out at a Loves Park home on 5554 Windy Knoll and there were reports of a woman and her baby trapped inside. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke pouring out of the duplex. Crews did a life search through the apartment. They did not find anyone. Two more searches revealed that there was no one home. Investigators found that the fire started in a dryer that was left on. Loves Park Fire Chief Phil Foley says things could have been much worse.

Damage is estimated at $10,000.

A woman and her four children lived in the apartment and have lost several items.

A fund has been set up to help the family pay for items that were lost.

Cynthia Tucker Benefit Fund
National City Bank
Riverside and Mulford Road
P.O. Box 1628
Rockford, IL 61110


23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1675996