Coroner Jenifer Keach says temperatures were in the 90’s with high humidity when 30-year-old Christopher Marshall was found unresponsive Monday at the Amwood Homes plant where he was yard foreman.
A preliminary autopsy was inconclusive on the cause of death. The company says Marshall spent a lot of time moving materials and loading trucks in an area that wasn't air-conditioned. After Marshall collapsed, Amwood president Doug Scott says workers were told about the warning signs of heat stroke and were encouraged to take a break and drink water.
Keach is waiting for toxicology tests that might reveal factors in the death such as medications or previous medical problems.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.