House Fire

By  | 

A Freeport family is homeless Saturday night after a fire destroys their house. The blaze broke out at the 3900 block of South Baileyville Road in rural Freeport. Luckily, no one was home because when firefighters arrived they say the house was completely engulfed in flames.

It was a difficult fire to battle because of the houses construction. Firefighters say that since the house was partially brick that element kept the heat in and released the fire and heat through the roof. This made it difficult to battle the fire head on.

The rural location of the house also created a problem. Firefighters were forced to call in neighboring departments to bring in water. The Salvation Army is aiding the family with clothing and shelter