Two People Rescued During Apartment Fire

By: 23 Newsroom
By: 23 Newsroom

Two residents were rescued from a balcony during an apartment fire Tuesday night.

Rockford firefighters say the fire at 5719 Forest Hills Road began around 10 p.m. from a grease fire on the stove.

The residents all made it out safely. One firefighter received a minor injury from a fall.

Damage is estimated at $60,000.


23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1146527 - wifr.com/a?a=1146527