NIU Students Evacuated During Dorm Fire

About 500 students at Northern Illinois University were evacuated early Sunday morning after a dorm fire.

It started in a 13th floor stairwell in Grant Hall. No students are injured and there's no damage to any property.

By early Sunday afternoon all the students in Grant Hall were back in their dorm room.

Firefighters say it appears that the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction.


23 WIFR 2523 North Meridian Road Rockford, IL. 61101 Business: 815-987-5300 Fax: 815-965-0981 News: 815-987-5330 Fax: 815-987-5333
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 104587 - wifr.com/a?a=104587