Directions1. Measure buttermilk and pour into a cup, measure baking soda and mix it into the buttermilk with a fork, set aside to “rise."
2. Beat together all ingredients and cover with the tin foul. (Try to refrain from eating the dough).
3. Place in refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
4. Flour a work area (cabinet top or cutting board). Remove a baseball size ball of dough and roll out using a rolling pin sprinkled with flour. Leave remaining dough in refrigerator—chilled dough is the secret to rolled cookies!
5. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place on
cookie sheets sprayed lightly (only on the 1st batch, not between batches!) with cooking spray.
6. Decorate with colored sugars and baking decorations if desired, but they are great plain.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven until slightly brown. Remove from oven and move them to baking racks to cool. Store in a cookie tin or jar. (And remember to SHARE!)