Virginia's Famous Pound Cake
1. Spray pizza pan with Baker's Joy or grease and flour.
2. Cut a circle of wax paper, place on pan and spray that.
3. Cut three pieces of foil about 12" long. Fold in 1/2, then in thirds so you have strips about 2" wide. Make a collar with these so you end up with 'sides' around the pizza pan around 1 1/2" high. Clip strips together with metal paper clips.
4. Spray bowl as above.
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Spread batter onto prepared pizza pan 3/4" from the top - smooth top. Place remaining batter in prepared mixing bowl or bake in a greased and floured tube pan for a traditional pound cake for 1 1/2 hours. (Foil top to prevent over-browning).
6. Bake in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes for large layer - an additional 20 for the bowl. A pick inserted in the center of each should come out clean. (Foil if starts to over-brown). Cool.
To Prepare Picture Hat
1. Remove foil from cake layer. Loosen cake from bottom of pan and flip upside down; remove the wax paper. Sprinkle off crumbs.
2. Frost sides and top of cake layer. Loosen cake in mixing bowl and remove. Sprinkle off crumbs and slice off a bit of the top so it is perfectly flat. Place in center of frosted layer and frost. Let frosting harden.
3. Wrap a ribbon around 'brim' - add a big bow and a nosegay fixed with fresh or silk flowers. Dust entire cake with powdered sugar and enjoy!
May be frozen.