Directions1. Preheat oven to 200°.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge breasts in seasoned flour and shake off excess. Have a warm, ovenproof plate ready.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil together. Remove to warm plate, cover.
4. Add chicken breasts and cook just until the thickest part springs back when pressed (about 3 minutes per side). Wrap loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven while you prepare sauce. (Recipe may be prepared to this point up to 15 minutes ahead of serving time).
5. If butter has browned, pour it out and add another 2 Tbsp. butter to pan. Add mushrooms, garlic and green onion, turn heat to high, and saute until mushrooms begin to soften.
6. Add sherry, bring to a boil, and reduce by half. Add cream, bring to a boil, and reduce to a thick sauce. Taste for seasoning and correct if necessary.
7. Return chicken breasts to skillet to coat them with sauce. Serve topped with mushrooms and sauce.
Yield: 4 servings