Directions1. Puree strawberries in blender, then separate into two 1/2-cup portions.
2. Combine cake mix, gelatin, oil and water. Mix well with electric mixer.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time, for two minutes. Beat in 1/2 cup strawberries.
4. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 12 oblong pan or 3 (8 or 9-inch) round pans.
5. Bake in 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Put cake on rack and let it cool before icing.
6. For frosting, mix sugar in with whipped cream, blending well. Add 1/2 cup pureed strawberries and mix until it is spreading consistency.
7. Frost each layer, top and sides. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
8. Keep cake refrigerated.