Directions1. Grease and flour two 8” round pans and preheat oven to 350°.
2. Sift together dry ingredients. Add shortening, milk, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add peanut butter.
3. In microwave safe bowl, melt caramel squares with 1 1/2 Tbsp. of whipping cream (approx. 1 minute). Add caramel mixture to batter. Mix well.
4. Pour batter evenly into pans and bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then on a wire rack until completely cool.
5. On freezer safe plate, ice cake with caramel icing and sprinkle peanuts in between layers. Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Place cake on wire rack with cookie sheet underneath (to catch extra gonache).
1. Melt chocolate in double boiler. Heat whipping cream in microwave for 45 seconds. Pour whipping cream and Kayro syrup into melted chocolate and blend until completely mixed.
2. Pour gonache over cake and allow to dry before placing in on a serving plate. Garnish as desired while gonache is still wet. Place cake on serving plate. Enjoy!
Yield: 8-10 servings