ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- Nearly 2,300 permanent and seasonal jobs are available at the Chicago Rockford International Airport.
UPS announced in September they would hire 2,000 people to help with the holiday rush. This is the largest number of seasonal jobs the company has announced at this location since adding a hub in Rockford in 1994. According to the company:
- The available positions are both part time and full time and are primarily package handlers, drivers and driver-helpers.
- The driver positions start at $19.58 per hour and wages for package handlers start at $11 per hour and $11.76 for driver helpers.
- UPS also offers generous attendance bonuses: $100/week in October; $150/week in November and $200/week in December.
- During the past three years, 35 percent of the people UPS hired for seasonal package handler jobs were later hired in permanent positions after the holidays.
AAR Corp. is the largest Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul provider in the nation. The company is looking to double its workforce. According to AARC:
- AAR is hiring for aircraft mechanics, leads and inspectors.
- The company, like many others at RFD, also has a strong focus on hiring veterans.
Pinnacle Logistics handles flights for three daily cargo flights at RFD and will soon add five additional daily flights in November to continue through the holiday season. According to the company:
- Pinnacle is hiring full-time, part-time and permanent warehouse agent positions. Forklift and supervisory positions are also available.
- Available positions are both seasonal and permanent.
- Pay starts at $11 per hour for warehouse agent positions.
- The company is offering a $250 weekly seasonal bonus for perfect attendance in November, and the bonus increases to $300 a week in December.
To apply for one of the positions, click on one of the links to the right in the 'Related Links.'