High levels of carbon monoxide in the Talcott building

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) – A carbon monoxide scare leads to the evacuation of an office building in downtown Rockford.

Rockford Fire Department says that there were high levels of carbon monoxide in the Talcott building at 321 West State St. just after 2:00 yesterday afternoon. The carbon monoxide was detected on floors 6-12 of the building. Employees were evacuated and sent to Stewart Square located across the street to stay warm. The source of the scare was determined to be from the building’s boiler room. The Talcott building was ventilated and returned to safe levels after maintenance worked to repair the issue.

There were no injuries during this incident.