Church helps find place to stay for those displaced from carbon monoxide leak

BELOIT, Wis. (WIFR) -- A local church steps in to help after 20 people are forced from their home due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The Beloit Fire Department says alarms alerted people of the leak in the 700 block of Vine Street around 9:00 p.m. Monday night.

Alliant Energy believes a malfunction in the building's boiler led to the leak.

Central Christian Church helped find rooms at the Roadway Inn Beloit for a dozen of those impacted. It is unclear when those people will be able to return to the building.