Belvidere garage fire causes $6k in damages

By  | 

BELVIDERE, Ill. (WIFR) -- Belvidere fire department is able to contain a garage fire within 20 minutes.

It happened in the 1400 block of Union Avenue just after midnight.

Officials say a neighbor noticed the garage on fire and and ran over to alert those inside the house.

However, the homeowner was not there, nor anyone else at the time.

The department says electrical issues were to blame for the fire. It estimates $6,000 worth of damage was caused.

No firefighters were hurt.