3 people hospitalized after being rescued from a Rockford apartment fire

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- Three people are transported to a local hospital after being rescued from an apartment fire that started around 6 p.m. Saturday evening in the 1900 block of Kilburn Avenue.

The Rockford Fire Department says a kitchen fire broke out in this apartment, trapping one two month old and two women inside. Fire crews rescued the individuals and they were taken to a local hospital. They say one woman was in serious condition and the other was in critical condition, but they are both stable now. The infant is in stable condition as well.

The damage is estimated at $15,000. Fire crews say the fire was caused by unattended cooking.