4 oz. bacon, pre cooked and diced
2 oz. bacon grease
2 oz. red onion, diced
2 oz. green, yellow peppers, diced
2 oz. tomatoes, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 oz. brown sugar
2 oz. white vinegar
3 oz. pineapple juice
3 oz. hot and spicy tomato juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1. In medium skillet, heat pre-cooked bacon and bacon grease over a medium high heat.
2. Add onion, peppers, tomatoes and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add remainder of ingredients (except cornstarch and water) and bring to simmer.
4. In separate bowl, mix cornstarch and water thoroughly and add to skillet. Let sauce thicken to a medium consistency.
5. Serve atop your favorite wild greens.