3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. white wine
3 drops hot red pepper sauce
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch black pepper
10 oz. clarified butter (see directions below)
Lemon zest to garnish
1. Double boil first six ingredients over medium heat.
2. Wisk until a smooth ribbon forms. Be careful not to scorch.
3. Add clarified butter (90-95°), slowly whisking constantly.
4. Serve atop English muffins, poached eggs, then add Hollandaise and enjoy!
1. Add one pound of butter or margarine in pan on medium heat until it comes to a rolling boil. Turn it off and set in refrigerator for about 45 min to an hour.
2. The dairy products and water have separated and what is in the middle is clarified butter. Pull the top layer that has formed a thick layer from the top. Pull with your ladle from atop the butter, because remember water is at the bottom where it has separated.
Add a dash of Champaign for a light flavor called Chantilly or add one Tbsp. tomato paste for sauce called Chrone.