Fill your belly with veggie goodness.
1 lb. beef, preferably with bones
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium rutabaga, diced
1/2 stock celery, diced
1 lb. carrots, sliced
2 bay leaves
1 broccoli, stock cut
1/2 head of cauliflower, cut
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup green beans
1 cup chopped cabbage
1 large can diced tomato
1 small can tomato puree
1. Select lean beef, preferable with bones, dice in large chunks and cook till tender.
2. Try not to boil beef, as it results in cloudy stock.
3. Add onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves and rutabaga to beef stock when meat is tender. Cook until vegetables are tender.
4. Add rest of vegetables and tomatoes and cook until all vegetables are soft.
5. Use beef bullion, pepper and a dash of sugar and season to taste.