A unique cookie dessert for the holidays.
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup margarine or butter/softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg yolks
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup any flavor jam or preserves
1. In medium bowl, beat sugar, margarine, vanilla and egg yolks until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and baking powder; mix well.
2. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
3. Shape dough into one-inch balls. Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With thumb, make imprint in center of each cookie.
4. Bake at 350° for 11 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
5. Spoon about 1/4 tsp. jam into each baked cookie. Cool completely.