Vegetable Burgers with Eggplant and Tomato on Ciabatta Bread
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 1/2-inch thick eggplant rounds
2 (3-4 oz.) meatless patties
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tsp. dried
2 3-4 inch square pieces ciabatta, split horizontally
2 large 1/2-inch thick tomato slices
Mixed baby greens
1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
2. Sprinkle eggplant with salt and pepper.
3. Add eggplant to skillet; sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Add patties to same skillet. Sauté until patties and eggplant is cooked throughout, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Blend mayonnaise and tarragon in small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
6. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bread piece.
7. Top with patty, eggplant, tomato, greens and bread.