- one banana
- 2-3 tablespoons fo water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of dark rum
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- and one serving of ice cream.
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saute pan.
2. Slice banana and add to pan. Shake pan and allow the banana to tumble around.
3. Saute about one minute until it starts to brown.
4. Remove from heat and allow pan to cool.
5. Add everything but the ice cream.
6. Return to heat with CAUTION, the rum may flame.
7. Bring to a simmer and stir gently until ingredients are incorporated.
8. Serve over ice cream.
This dish is best served with 2 spoons and your sweetie.
*Chef Susan's words of wisdom
I know what you are thinking. What fun is making "Wild Fire Bananas" if I can't make the big flame that sometimes licks the ceiling at Thunder Bay Grille. The answer is simple. In a restaurant we have very high ceilings, roof ventilation, sprinkler systems, and trained professionals (kinda) to deal with flamage. So unless you have enough ice cream for the entire fire department, I would stick to the method above. Trust me, you're sweetie won't be disappointed.